Every once in a while, I get lucky and have a quiet morning. Thomas used to routinely sleep in till 8-8:30. In the last few weeks, those times have no come often enough. Since we started making a real push for him to stay dry all night, he started waking up, I believe mostly to go to the bathroom. The last couple of days have been very busy and Thomas, of course, decided that he would much rather play in bed than take a nap. The only good to come from that is a quiet morning for me! Maybe the kids are starting to move into their Summer schedule, which is fine by me!
Of course, I should be getting some work done with my quiet morning, but instead, I am writing this post. We are leaving to go to Mom and Dad's condo for the holiday weekend today. While we are up there, we will celebrate Thomas' birthday. This has been the birthday week for him. We celebrated with his friends at school on Tuesday, had a special outing to the Bounce House and lunch out on Wednesday and then cupcakes at church Wednesday night. Yesterday was a special 'Splash Day' at preschool, so that felt different to him too. I was talking to him yesterday and was trying to get him to guess what we might do that was special this wekend. I suggested that we hadn't yet opened any birthday gifts and that we would be having his 'party' this weekend and he would get to open gifts and have cake. His eyes got all big and he said, "Really? I get ANOTHER party??!?!" Sweet, sweet boy. He would have been perfectly content for his birthday to have just been this string of fun activities. He wasn't even worried about the gifts. I am going to enjoy that sweet spirit while it lasts because I'm pretty sure he will be ready for gifts right away next year....
Well, if we are going to have birthday cake this weekend, I should probably go make it and accomplish something in my quiet morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment